A Few Helpful Exercise Tips
Here are a few helpful exercise tips to help get you started toward a healthier you and lose weight fast
Exercise At Home
- Use a broom to sweep up sidewalks instead of hosing it down.
- Rake leaves instead of using a leaf blower.
- Go for a short walk before breakfast, after dinner, or both.
- Walk or bike to the corner store instead of driving.
- When walking, pick up the pace from leisurely to brisk.
- Stand up while talking on the telephone.
- Walk your dog.
- Park farther away at the shopping mall and walk the extra distance.
At Work - Exercise Tips for the workplace
- Whenever possible, stand rather than sit. Walk rather than stand.
- Brainstorm project ideas with a co-worker while taking a walk.
- Stand while talking on the telephone.
- Walk down the hall to speak with someone rather than using the telephone.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Walk while waiting for the plane at the airport.
- Stay at hotels with fitness centers or swimming pools and use them while on business trips.
- Take along a jump rope in your suitcase when you travel. Jump and do calisthenics in your hotel room.
- Join a fitness center near your job. Work out before or after work to avoid rush-hour traffic, or drop by for a noon workout.
- Schedule exercise time on your business calendar and treat it as any other important appointment.
- Get off the bus a few blocks early and walk the rest of the way to work or home.
- Walk around your building for a break during the work day or during lunch.
- Some experts say it's ideal to walk 10,000 steps a day, which can be five miles, depending on the length of your stride. Buy a pedometer, wear it five days, and divide by five. If you're nowhere near 10,000 steps a day, set a reasonable goal. If you clocked 2,000 steps, go for 2,500.
Keep these weight loss tips in mind as part of an overall weight loss and excercise program.
Talk to your doctor or other health care professional about starting a stress management, weight loss, weight management, or exercise program.